- Math: Our 5 year olds are taught Pennsylvania State Early Learning PreK standards using hands-on, meaningful teaching strategies based on assessment results. We practice oral counting, skip counting, basic addition and subtraction, telling time, number order, quantifying sets and more.
- Phonics and Writing: We practice manuscript writing while reviewing phonics sounds, blends, one and two vowel words.
- Reading: We start reading illustrated books that contain very basic vowel sounds and go on to consonants, blends, words, and simple sentences. Classroom Lesson Plans are centered around a weekly theme. Lesson plans indicate weekly skills and concepts for children to explore, learn, and develop in various activities each day.
- New students entering our five-year-old program must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the school year they wish to attend.
- Exceptions may be granted to returning students.
- Each small-group will have no more than 15 children, with a full-time lead teacher and an assistant teacher.
- Click here to see photos of our facility.
- The classroom is set up with the following to allow for structured learning and social interaction:
- Individual preschool sized chairs around a shared preschool sized table, with no more than 6 children in each table.
- Separate mat area for story time and group
- Full-day schedules (morning and evening classes) and half-day schedules (morning OR evening classes) are available, 2, 3 or 5 days a week.
- Morning classes are from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Afternoon classes are from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Monday through Friday, excluding specified holidays.
- For our full-day students, lunch time is from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
- Daily activities for our five-year-olds allow for both structured and independent learning experiences.
- Weekly curriculum skills are practiced during small group time. In small groups, children have a structured learning experience that prepares them for bigger classes as they get older.
- In addition to learning in the classroom, five-year-old children participate in enrichment activities such as Bible time, Spanish Language Club, Computer Time and Library.
- Children also have unstructured playtime daily where they utilize either our indoor play space or outdoor playground.
- Parents are to provide a ready-to-eat lunch each day for their child if the child is on a full-day schedule. Children also have a morning and an afternoon snack, brought in by parent volunteers for all children.
- Five-year-old children must be fully potty trained in order to attend our preschool. This means that they are no longer wearing pull-ups/diapers, are accident free, and are able to take care of all of their toilet needs independently, including wiping themselves, without being reminded.
- Should you have any concerns with regards to potty-training, these may be answered through contacting us or on your tour of the school.