SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT FOR ALL CLASSES:
Children enrolled in the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 programs are encouraged to participate in whole group and small group settings as they learn to build their relationship skills in the classroom setting. They are challenged in their development in following directions, sharing, listening, and in participation, all under the watchful care and guidance of their teacher.
- English / Phonics / Second Language: Students in the Pre-K4 class will experience a continued development with the full alphabet, letter recognition, letter sounds, and the combination of letter sounds. Children will be challenged to utilize their growing vocabulary for speaking clearly in full sentences, beginner reading and entry level writing. Children will be encouraged in basic grammar rules, along proper pronunciation and usage of more and more of their growing vocabulary. Exercises for the growing ability for memorization and feed back will be presented along with stories, music and games. Daily Spanish-For-Fun classes will introduce our students to an elementary understanding and usage of the Spanish language as they learn basic wording for family, food, nature, animals, numbers, and colors through fun activities such as songs, skits, dance, video, prop cards, and stories.
- Communication Skills: Students will be challenged with such activities as Surprise Bag, Show and Tell, Drawing and Story Telling for communications and speaking development in the small group setting. Classroom table activities, carpet time, and center activities will further present opportunity for communication development in sharing and class dialog.
- Shapes and Colors: The full range of shapes and colors will be reinforced in the daily curriculum utilizing reading, writing, reciting and class room game activities. Crayon, marker, and pencil exercises, along with scissor cutting, gluing, building, tying, lacing and snapping will promote the further development of eye-hand coordination and the fine motor skills.
- Numbers: The Pre-K4 student will be presented with exercises for practice and encouragement with the recognition of numbers, writing of numbers, and reciting of numbers to their greatest capability. Beginner math exercises will be presented with number concepts, counting, and addition and subtraction games.
- Science and Social Study: For our science element of our curriculum, we learn to identify the daily weather, weather patterns, and season changes and we come to appreciate and learn about each distinct season. We learn about the important people around us such as Mommies, Daddies, Grand-Parents, Teachers, Fireman, Policemen, Doctors and Dentists as part of our social studies element.
- Music: Little Jewels Christian Preschool presents a love for music program to all students. Little Jewels students are trained for 3 stage performances per school year, allowing for a delightful family experience like no other. Children are prepared and groomed for stage performances beginning some 8 weeks prior to each program performance. Piano instruction is an extra curricular enrollment available to all Pre-K4 students.
- Fine Motor Skills: Fine motor skill development and hand eye coordination will be strengthened throughout our day as we work with the many fun projects such as computer time, coloring, chalk writing, painting, pencil writing, block building, and puzzle work. We not only have fun, but in the process, we learn how to be ‘big boys and girls’ and hold our crayons and pencils correctly as we prepare for our Kindergarten days ahead.
- Large Motor Skills: This is where we have lots and lots of fun at Little Jewels. On the inside, we will play games, exercise, and practice such things as jumping and hopping. On the outside we play with chalk, kick balls, big wheels; we take walks, we run and play catch, and we may climb, run and slide on the playground equipment.
- Social and Emotional Skills: Little Jewels Pre-K4 students are growing and maturing. They are turning 5! Throughout their daily work both in the small group class and large group settings, they will be learning to cooperate with and respect their fellow classmates and teachers as well. They will learn to do new things and be proud to demonstrate these new accomplishments to parents and grandparents alike.
PRE-K4 AGE REQUIREMENT
- Little Jewels accepts children beginning at age 3 at any time throughout the school year. The Pre-K4 classes will be made up of children who are age 4 at the beginning of the school year. Pre-K4 students may turn 5 throughout the school year and remain with Little Jewels Christian Preschool till their admission to public or private Kindergarten.
- Little Jewels Christian Preschool class sizes are small and available spots are limited. Early registration and enrollment is encouraged.
- Each Pre-K4 class will have no more than 12 children. Classes of 10+ children will be led by their lead teacher along with a teachers assistant. Small break out groups of 2-5 children will experience weekly Library Period and Computer Tutoring.
PRE-K3 AND PRE-K4 CLASSROOMS:
- Click here to see photos of our facility.
- The classroom is set up with the following to allow for structured learning and social interaction:
- Individual preschool sized chairs around preschool sized tables, with no more than 8 children at each table.
- Separate mat areas for story time and small group or individual activities.
- Whole group school activities such as indoor / outdoor exercise, books and puzzles, structured centers, and Bible and Music classes will bring children from both the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 classes together in strengthening social and learning development opportunities.
- Classroom activities for the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 classes will present a safe environment for both structured and independent learning experiences.
DAILY SCHEDULE – ALL CLASSES:
- Full-day schedules (morning and afternoon classes) and half-day schedules (morning OR afternoon classes) are available, 2, 3 or 5 days a week.
- Morning classes are from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Afternoon classes are from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding specified holidays.
- For our full-day students, lunch time is from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
- Afternoon classes have a quiet time / nap period of one hour and fifteen minutes. Children may nap or simply rest during this time period.
- Departure for students enrolled for full day or afternoon only may depart at anytime throughout the afternoon class.
- Parents are to provide a ready-to-eat lunch each day for their child if the child is on a full-day schedule. Children also have a School provided morning and an afternoon snack.
REQUIREMENTS – ALL CLASSES:
- Classes are offered for students age 3 – 5. Start dates are available year round.
- All students are to be fully potty trained.
- Should you have any concerns with regards to potty-training, these may be answered through contacting us or on your tour of the school.