SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT FOR ALL CLASSES:
Children enrolled in the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 programs are encouraged to participate in whole group and small group settings as they learn to build their relationship skills in the classroom setting. They are challenged in their development in following directions, sharing, listening, and in participation, all under the watchful care and guidance of their teacher.
- English / Phonics: Introduction to the alphabet, letter recognition, letter sounds, and the combination of letter sounds. Children will practice writing first names with tracing outlines. ABC Club will be a daily activity for the 3 yr old class during which time the letter of the week may be reinforced through stories, games, sky and sand writing, and singing participation activities.
- Shapes and Colors: We will use connect dot-to-dot forms, table objects, and board presentations in learning our shapes and colors. Crayon, marker, and pencil exercises, along with beginner scissor cutting and gluing will assist with our fine motor skill development.
- Numbers: We practice following directions while learning to recognize our numbers. Beginner math skills will be presented with number concepts, counting and introduction to early addition and subtraction games and exercises.
- Science and Social Study: For our science element of our curriculum, we learn to identify the daily weather and we come to appreciate each season. We learn about the important people around us such as Mommies, Daddies, Grand-Parents, Teachers, Fireman, Policemen, Doctors and Dentists as part of our social studies element.
- Fine Motor Skills: Fine motor skill development and hand eye coordination will be strengthened throughout our day as we work with the many fun projects such as computer time, coloring, chalk writing, painting, pencil writing, block building, and puzzle work. We not only have fun, but in the process, we learn how to be ‘big boys and girls’ and hold our crayons and pencils correctly while we develop our skills for all our learning days ahead.
- Large Motor Skills: This is where we have lots and lots of fun at Little Jewels. On the inside, we will play games, exercise, and practice such things as jumping and hopping. On the outside we play with chalk, kick balls, big wheels; we take walks, we run and play catch, and we may climb, run and slide on the playground equipment.
PRE-K3 AGE REQUIREMENT
- Little Jewels accepts 3-year-olds into the program at any time during the year. Children entering our three-year-old program must be three (3) years of age on or before their first day at Little Jewels.
- Because we keep class sizes small and available spots are limited, parents who wish to secure a spot in the class prior to their child’s 3rd birthday are encouraged to do so.
- The Pre-K3 class of 6 to 10 children will be led by their lead teacher, along with an assistant teacher. Small break out groups of 2-5 children will experience weekly Library Period and Computer Tutoring.
PRE-K3 AND PRE-K4 CLASSROOMS:
- Click here to see photos of our facility.
- The classroom is set up with the following to allow for structured learning and social interaction:
- Individual preschool sized chairs around preschool sized tables, with no more than 8 children at each table.
- Separate mat areas for story time and small group activities.
- Whole group school activities such as indoor / outdoor exercise, books and puzzles, structured centers, and Bible and Music classes will bring children of the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 classes together in strengthening social and learning development opportunities.
- Classroom activities for the Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 classes will present a safe environment for both structured and independent learning experiences.
DAILY SCHEDULE – ALL CLASSES:
- Full-day schedules (morning and afternoon classes) and half-day schedules (morning OR afternoon classes) are available, 2, 3 or 5 days a week.
- Morning classes are from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Afternoon classes are from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding specified holidays.
- For our full-day students, lunch time is from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.
- Afternoon classes have a quiet time / nap period of one hour and fifteen minutes. Children may nap or simply rest during this time period.
- Departure for students enrolled for full day or afternoon only may depart at anytime throughout the afternoon class.
- Parents are to provide a ready-to-eat lunch each day for their child if the child is on a full-day schedule. Children also have a School provided morning and an afternoon snack.
REQUIREMENTS – ALL CLASSES:
- Classes are offered for students age 3 – 5. Start dates are available year round.
- All students are to be fully potty trained.
- Should you have any concerns with regards to potty-training, these may be answered through contacting us or on your tour of the school.